add share buttonsSoftshare button powered by web designing, website development company in India

How to Choose a Dental Assisting Program?

Individuals who are interested in careers in dental assistance will find programs offered through tertiary institutions, vocational and private institutions. And it's important to consider the differences between these programs to get the most out of your education and money.

With that in my mind; I write this in the hope that it can help you because depending on your needs, certain programs may or may not serve you. To know more about the dental assistant certification programs, you can browse the web.

Nowadays, working adults and career changers are both looking to continue their education around a busy budget and schedule. Since then, academic institutions have recognized this trend and supported students' demands by implementing evening classes, online courses and acceleration degree programs.

However, these schools tend to spend an average of two to three times more per credit hour than traditional colleges or universities. In addition, acceleration programs often lack proper accreditation through the American Dental Association's accreditation board: Dental Accreditation Commission (CODA).

CODA accredited programs are usually a one-year certificate program; and recommended for those who want to be formally trained and certified. Graduates become 'certified' (CDA) by passing three parts, the national exam administered by the National Board of Dental Assistance (DANB).

* There are three (3) ways for qualified people to take the DANB exam:

  • Graduates from accredited programs Assist Dental or Dental Hygiene
  • High school graduates with a minimum of 3,500 hours of experience that can be verified per dentist (employer).
  • A CDA or OR graduate currently recognized by DANB from a foreign dentist degree program.
Scroll to top