Are you getting issue while trying to access www.mywifiext.net to setup your wireless extender? Need some information on how to fix this issue? If yes, then you are on right post. Here we will discuss how to fix this issue. http www.mywifiext.net is not a regular Internet website, it is a local web address which is used to open the settings of a Netgear wireless range extender.
If your computer or laptop is not connected to the Internet, you might see one of the following error messages on every web browser that you are using:
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge: If you are using this web browser, then you will get error- “Page cannot be displayed” or “You are not connected to a network.”
- Google Chrome: For Google Chrome- “Unable to connect to the Internet.
- Firefox: “Server not found”
- Safari: “Can't find server.”
If you see something other than one of the messages above, then check out the web address you entered in your web browser. If you get the same message that given above, then follow some simple steps:
- Place your range extender in the same room as your wireless router.
- You can move the extender to its intended location, once the Netgear Extender Setup is complete and its start working fine.
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi Range Extender. If the extender is receiving power, the power LED lights.
- If your NETGEAR wireless range extender has a computer to Extender LED, make sure that it is lit.
- If it is not lit, then it is advisable to unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable that is connecting your range extender to your device and plug it in again.
- Open a web browser and type Extender's default IP address: 192.168.1.250.
- If you still cannot access your extender, reset your web browser and try again.
- It is recommended that use different web browser to verify that the issue is not browser related.
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are free web browsers and are available for all major operating systems.
- Now, Connect your computer or laptop to the wifi extender via Ethernet cable.
- Assign your computer a static IP address and press Enter.
If you still cannot access your extender, then feel free to contact My WiFi Ext Fix experts.